Remove Green Screen from the video in After Effects
In this tutorial, I will teach you can remove the green screen from a video using Adobe After Effects. You don’t need to install any third-party plugins. You can easily remove the green screen with the help of the built-in plugin of Adobe After Effects. You can remove the green screen from any video, the process is the same.
Step-by-Step Guide to Remove the Green Screen from Videos:
Step 1: Import and Create Composition
- Open Adobe After Effects.
- Go to the File menu and import your green screen footage.
- Right-click on the footage in the Project panel and choose “New Composition from Selection.”
Step 2: Apply Keylight Effect
- Go to the Effects & Presets panel.
- Search for the “Keylight (1.2)” effect and drag it onto your green screen footage layer.
Step 3: Configure Keylight Effect
- In the Effect Controls panel, click on the Screen Color eye dropper tool.
- Use the eye dropper to select the green color from your footage (the color you want to remove).
- Once selected, the Keylight effect will automatically key out the green color.
Step 4: Adjust Screen Matte
- Under the “View” drop-down menu in the Effect Controls panel, select “Screen Matte.”
- Your footage will turn black and white, with the subject appearing white against a black background.
- Under the Screen Matte settings, decrease the “Clip White” value until you see a solid white color on your subject. This ensures that the edges are properly keyed out.
Step 5: Finalize Composition
- Change the View mode back to “Final Result” under the View drop-down menu.
- Your green screen will now be removed from the footage, and your subject will be properly isolated.
Congratulations! You have successfully removed the green screen from your footage using Adobe After Effects and the Keylight effect. Your subject is now ready to be composited onto a new background or used in your project.