Create a Round Text Animation in After Effects
Create a round text animation in After Effects. This is a simple and easy tutorial. Making the Round text is so easy to create in Photoshop and Illustrator. But in this tutorial, I will show you an easy technique to animate the round text in After Effects without using any plugin.
Step-by-Step Guide to Creating a Round Text Animation:
Step 1: Set Up Composition
- Open Adobe After Effects.
- Create a new composition named “Round Text Animation” with a resolution of 1920×1080 pixels, a frame rate of 30 frames per second, and a duration of 5 seconds.
Step 2: Add Solid Layer
- Go to the Layer menu > New > Solid.
- Choose a black color for the solid layer.
Step 3: Add Text Layer
- Select the Type tool from the toolbar.
- Add your desired text to the composition.
- Adjust the text size and alignment as needed.
Step 4: Create a Circular Mask
- Select the Text layer.
- Go to the toolbar and select the Ellipse Tool.
- Create a circular mask by clicking and dragging over the text.
- A mask will be created on the Text layer in the shape of a circle.
Step 5: Apply Mask to Text
- Under the Text layer properties, go to the Text section.
- Under the Path Options, select “Mask 1” as the Path.
- This applies the circular mask to the text layer.
Step 6: Reverse the Path
- Under the Path Options, enable the “Reverse Path” option.
- This will reverse the direction of the circular mask animation.
Step 7: Animate First Margin
- Add a keyframe for the “First Margin” property at the beginning of the timeline.
- Go about 5 seconds forward on the timeline.
- Change the “First Margin” value to 1000 or a value that fits your animation.
Step 8: Preview and Export
Your Round Text Animation in Adobe After Effects is now complete! Preview the animation by playing the timeline. If you’re satisfied with the result, you can export the composition to your desired format.
This tutorial demonstrates how to create a simple round text animation by using a circular mask to reveal the text. Adjust the animation duration, mask shape, and text properties to achieve your desired effect.