Export Transparent Background in After Effects
Export a video with transparent background in Adobe After Effects. In this tutorial, I will show you a simple and easy method to render a video with transparent background in After Effects. After watching this tutorial you will be able to render your logo animation, lower thirds, and presentation with transparent background easily. You can watch my video for a better understanding or here are some easy steps.
Step-by-Step Guide to Export Transparent Background:
Step 1: Initiating Your Transparent Background Project in Adobe After Effects
- Launch Adobe After Effects.
- Create your logo animation or project with a transparent background.
Step 2: Ensuring Transparency and Adjusting Background
- Click the small “View Toggle Transparency” button. This helps you verify if your background is transparent or not.
- When this toggle is off After Effects displays your project against a black backdrop. Turn it on to see a pattern, indicating transparency.
- Ensure there are no solid or image layers beneath your logo layers. If a black background persists, delete any background layers.
Step 3: Preparing for Rendering
- Click on the Composition menu.
- Navigate to “Add to Render Queue.”
Step 4: Configuring Output Settings
- Under “Render Settings,” choose “Lossless.”
- For “Output Module,” select “QuickTime.”
- Proceed to “Video Output.”
- Select RGB+Alpha channels.
- Click on “Format Options.”
Step 5: Choosing the Right Format
- In the “Format Options” dialog, pick “PNG” from the video codecs.
- Confirm your choice by pressing “OK.”
Step 6: Rendering the Video
- With your settings in place, press the “Render” button.
Congratulations! You’ve successfully created a video with a transparent background using Adobe After Effects.