Simple Car Moving Animation in Adobe After Effects
Learn how to bring your designs to life with a straightforward car-moving animation tutorial using After Effects. This step-by-step guide will walk you through the process, from setting up the animation to adding realistic motion to your car design. No advanced skills are required – just follow along and give your website or project an extra touch of dynamism with this easy-to-follow After Effects tutorial. Let’s make your car cruise across the screen with style! After watching this tutorial you will easily create your own car-moving animation. You can replace the Jeep with any other vehicle. You will also learn to import or animate the vector file into After Effects.
Step-by-Step Guide to Creating Car Moving Animation:
Step 1: Opening Adobe After Effects
- Open Adobe After Effects.
Step 2: Importing Vector Files
- Go to the File Menu > Import > Select the required vector files.
- Select all files and click “Import.”
Step 3: Setting Up the Desert Landscape Composition
- Create a New Composition named “Desert Landscape.”
- Set the resolution to 3200×1080 Pixels, frame rate to 30 frames per second, and duration to 30 seconds.
Step 4: Animating the Desert Landscape
- Drag the Desert Landscape Vector file to the composition.
- Search for “Motion Tile” in Effects & Presets and apply it to the layer.
- Adjust Motion Tile settings: Set the first value of the tile center to 15000, and add a keyframe. Go to the last frame and change the first value of the tile center to -27000. Check “Mirror Edges” for reflection if needed.
Step 5: Creating and Animating the Jeep
- Create a New Composition named “Jeep.”
- Set the resolution to 1920×1080 Pixels.
- Drag the Jeep Vector file to the composition.
- Click the Jeep layer and press P to open position properties. Add a keyframe.
- Move forward about 5 frames and slightly change the jeep position.
- Move to about 10 frames forward and change the jeep position.
- Hold the Alt key and click the Stopwatch icon to add the expression “loopOut()” for looping.
Step 6: Animating the Jeep Wheels
- Drag the Wheel Vector file above the Jeep layer.
- Press S to open scale properties and change the scale from 100 to 75%.
- Position the wheel correctly.
- Press R to open rotation properties.
- Hold the ALT Key and click the Stopwatch icon to add the expression “Time*-500.”
Step 7: Duplicating and Positioning Wheels
- Select the Wheel layer and press Control+D to duplicate it.
- Drag the duplicated wheel by holding the Shift key.
Step 8: Creating the Car Moving Animation
- Create a New Composition named “Car Moving Animation.”
- Drag the Desert Landscape composition and the Jeep composition (scaled to 50%) into it.
Step 9: Finalizing the Animation
Congratulations! You have successfully created a captivating Car Moving Animation in Adobe After Effects.