Sliding Text Reveal in Adobe After Effects
Create a simple and nice-looking sliding text reveal in Adobe After Effects. In this tutorial, you will learn to create a simple yet amazing text reveal in Adobe After Effects without using any plugins and expressions.
Step-by-Step Guide to Creating a Sliding Text RevealL
Step 1: Set Up Composition
- Open Adobe After Effects.
- Create a new composition with a resolution of 1920×1080 pixels and a frame rate of 30 frames per second.
- Set the duration to 5 seconds.
Step 2: Add and Format Text
- Select the Type Tool from the Toolbar.
- Add your desired text and increase the text size.
- Align the text to the center.
- Duplicate the text layer by pressing CTRL+D on the keyboard.
- Select the Move Tool and drag the second text to a different location.
- Change the text content, make it smaller if needed, and adjust the character tracking.
Step 3: Align Text Layers
- Select both text layers and drag them to the center.
Step 4: Create a Rectangle Shape
- Select the Rectangle Tool from the Toolbar.
- Set the Fill color to solid and Stroke to None.
- Create a rectangle to cover the first text.
- Drag the rectangle shape layer just below the text layer.
- Rename the shape layer if desired and hide it.
Step 5: Create Line Shape
- Select the Pen Tool from the Toolbar.
- Set the Fill color to None and Stroke to 25 pixels.
- Create a line shape on the second text.
- Adjust the stroke width as needed.
Step 6: Arrange Shape Layers
- Drag both shape layers above the text layers.
- Hide both shape layers.
Step 7: Apply Animation to Text
- Select the first text layer and press P on the keyboard to open the Position properties.
- Add a keyframe at the first frame and move the keyframe to the one-second mark.
Step 8: Apply Track Matte
- Go back to the first frame.
- Adjust the position of the text to create the starting point for the reveal animation.
- Click the Toggle Switches/Modes button on the timeline to reveal the Track Matte options.
- Select the Sliding text layer.
- Go to Track Matte and choose “Alpha Matte” > “Sliding Text Mask.”
- Repeat the same process for the second text layer.
Your Sliding Text Reveal animation in Adobe After Effects is now complete! The tutorial guides you through creating a dynamic text animation with sliding reveal effects using text layers and shape layers. Customize the animation speed, shapes, and text content to achieve your desired look.